No fewer than six worshippers were reported to have been electr*cuted after an electric cable fell on them around Abule Egba axis of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the unfortunate incident happened this morning at El-Adonai Evangelical Church during service. Two adults and two teenagers were said to have been among those electr*cuted in the incident.
Daily Trust reports that church members were while trying to fix the church’s flag while making way for some officials when they got electr*cuted. The flag’s pole was said to have touched the electrical cable which tr*ggered the shock.
Confirming the incident, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service Director, Adeseye Margaret, said that six male adults suffered from electrical shock and were unconscious.
“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youth restiveness and tense area,” she added