Home NEWS ISWAP behind Ondo Catholic church m@ssacre- FG

ISWAP behind Ondo Catholic church m@ssacre- FG

32
0
BREAKING: Owo massacre: Catholic church announces date for mass burial
BREAKING: Owo massacre: Catholic church announces date for mass burial

The Federal Government has linked the members of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) to the attack on the St. Francis Catholic church in Owo, Ondo State on Sunday, June 5th.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this while briefing state house correspondents after a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja today June 9th.

He said the government had been able to locate the perpetrators of the Owo attack and zeroed in on ISWAP terrorist group.

The minister, who briefed journalists alongside Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, said security agencies had been directed to go after the perpetrators of the act and bring them to justice.

The minister said the group was out to pitch Nigerians against one another and make it appear as ethno-religious war.

He said there was no ethnic agenda in the attack, urging Nigerians to unite and defeat the terrorists.