The Speaker of the Abia State House of Assembly, Chinedum Orji has expressed grief on the passing of four children who died in August, after eating Suya, a popular Nigerian delicacy suspected to have been poisoned.
OsmekNews gathered that the tragedy happened in Umueze, Umuakanu community in Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state after the victims ate the barbecued meat with an undisclosed juice.
Speaking at Goodnews Pentecostal Church, in Umuahia, on Sunday, the Speaker, thanked God for sparing the lives of the couple this far because what happened to them was a devastating tragedy.
He consoled the parents of the deceased’s children, Mr. Chibuzor Ikwunze to take solace in God, do their best to forget the old ugly experience and move on because only God knows it all.
Orji said, “From today, you will stop crying; look ahead for more prosperity; I will help you back on your feet and have a meaningful life”.
The Abia Speaker used the medium to announce a car gift to the father of the deceased’s children, Mr. Ikwunze to help him make extra income.
He further announced automatic employment to work directly with his Special Assistant on Free Water Scheme Uzochukwu Nwabufor.
On his part, the Member representing Umuahia North state constituency, Kelechi Onuzuruike, who accompanied the Abia House of Assembly Speaker, a cheque to cover two years of house rent to the couple.
Responding, the father of the deceased’s children, Mr Chibuzor Ikwunze, appreciated the Speaker and his colleagues for their love, compassion and benevolence to his family since the unfortunate incident and prayed God’s continued blessing on them.