A Nigerian, Abubakar Adamu, has called on the federal government to intervene and secure his return home, alleging that he was deceived into enlisting in the Russian military after being promised a civilian job.
According to Zagazola Makama, a counter-terrorism publication, Adamu’s lawyers have formally notified Nigerian authorities of his predicament. They said he travelled to Moscow on a tourist visa issued on October 16, 2025, by the Russian Embassy in Abuja, believing he had obtained employment as a sentry.
However, upon arrival in Russia, his passport and travel documents were allegedly confiscated. His legal representatives claimed he was pressured to sign enlistment documents written entirely in Russian without translation or the assistance of an interpreter. It was only after signing, they said, that he realised he had been drafted into the Russian army.
More Stories
Edo Govt Bans Davido From Performing in State for Remainder of Gov. Okpebholo’s Administration over his publication of a WASSCE result full of D7s
Why You Need to Appoint More “M@d Men” in Your Government — Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Tells President Tinubu
U.S. Lifts 12-Year Security Restrictions on Ships Arriving From Nigeria